Monday, October 11, 2010

Creamy Tomato Basil Soup



Very yummy and easy. And check out my whole wheat bread! I am so proud of it. Sunday I tried to make bread. It was super hard to knead and it never rose. I was so upset. So today I tried again, a recipe from the Lions House cookbook. I've always had good luck with that cook book. And to my surprise my bread turned out. I also used a different attachment for my mixer, maybe that was the trick.

Well here is the recipe for the soup:

INGREDIENTS:

2 cans 28 oz. diced tomatoes or 4 cans 14 oz. diced tomatoes
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 to 1 onion (chopped)
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic (minced)
pinch of baking soda
1 tablespoon fresh basil (chopped) or 1 teaspoon dried basil
2 cups cream

DIRECTIONS:

Mix tomatoes, chicken broth, sugar, butter, onion, garlic, baking soda in a pot. Simmer for 1 hour. Then heat cream in a small pan, stir to avoid burning or use a double boiler. Add cream to hot soup mixture.

1 comment:

  1. This looks easy and yummy! And the pumpkin cinnamon rolls also look delish. I also tried to find the link to your whole wheat bread but couldn't find it. Have you posted it? I'd love to try it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete